Multilingualism and multilingual practices in different social areas from an ethnographic perspective
- In their relation to social transformations and to new economies.
- In their imbrication with social and identity processes, such as exclusion, the construction of inequality and subjectivation.
- Trajectories, status, management of linguistic values and ideologies, speaker models, legitimacy, linguistic surveillance.
Discourse and power
- The exercise of power in interaction, the discursive construction of social representations.
- Discursive processes and problems of our time: racism and sexism; micro-violence, discourses at war, the construction of the neoliberal rationality, discursive production and circulation.
Intercultural communication and intercultural relations
- In their relation to colonialism, banal cosmopolitanism and neoliberalism.
Linguistic landscapes: The transformation of space through communicative practices:
- Discourses and urban processes: occupation, (de)territorialisation, gentrification, migration, political contestation, and gender issues etc.